Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electricity Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkey41

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello there,

i want to build experimently an Elctricity generator.
please guide me if there is some good source for constructing a power generator.
here are some questions regarding the topic.

considering a generator for 12 volts AC:

0. what is optimum physical design for this purpose (i have a simple Bicycle dynamo in mind).
1. how powerfull should be the magnet.
2. what is the relationship between power being generated and winding wire thickness and the number of turns it should have.
3. how can i calculate the maximum power which can be generated by the generator.
4. if there are some other factor which must be considered....

best regards.

Bike dynamos can generate ≈ 6V above certain RPM; below that speed they are almost useless .. see table below ..

Anyhow, here are some links that can shad some lght on electricity generated by bike dynamos:
**broken link removed**
http://www.pilom.com/BicycleElectronics/Dynamo.htm

Regards,
IanP

A simple DC motor coupled to the outside of the wheel on a bike should produce at least some useable current. It should be relativly simple to mount a rubber wheel on say the wheel forkx to make contact with the rim of the tire, the smaller the wheel you use the faster it will spin relative to the wheel rotation

Simplest is .. If you have a floppy drive stepper motor ... rotate at high speed ... and connect an LED at the terminal of the motor ... you will observe LED is glowing..

Hello
A car alternator produce 3phase electrical power...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back