Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrically small antenna CST versus HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KP18

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a new user to CST and I am trying to figure out if my setup is correct with correct parameter settings. I am simulating a very electrically small antenna with a waveguide port. I have sent the model to my CST application engineer and he is telling me my results are correct however I keep running into a warning "Total Efficiency is smller than 1e-4 Farfield innacurate!". I need to get an accurate farfield so that I can determine if my antenna gain will be in the correct direction for the specified application. Does anyone know how to work around this error or is there something in my setup that could be incorrect? I am using the transient solver with the accuracy setting at -50 dB, subgrid meshing, and open boundary with added space of 4. (The help file does not define this surrounding space very well either what are the units or is it mesh cells what is the typical rule of thumb for CST?)

Also, would HFSS do a better job at modelling this. Is this a solver assumption in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back