Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical Impedance Tomography

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI-89

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I need information on conductivity reconstruction in EIT, also if u have ready algorithms.
Thanx in advance...

allied areas

It looks like no one is an expert in this area. Described more about it. There may be other areas of technology that use similar processes that people here know about.

:) Hi there,

This document should clear things up a bit for you guys about the electrical impedance tomography (EIT). The following quotation is an excerpt from the uploaded document. TI-89, you should find the reference section of this document useful.

Hope this helps

The specific conductance (conductivity) of human tissues varies from 15.4 mS/cm for cerebrospinal fluid to 0.06 mS/cm for bone. The difference in the value of conductivity is large between different tissues (Table 68.1). Cross-sectional images of the distribution of conductivity, or alternatively specific resistance (resistivity), should show good contrast. The aim of electrical impedance tomography (EIT) is to produce such images. It has been shown [Kohn and Vogelius, 1984a, 1984b; Sylvester and Uhlmann, 1986] that for reasonable isotropic distributions of conductivity it is possible in principle to reconstruct conductivity images from electrical measurements made on the surface of an object. Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) is the technique of producing these images. In fact, human tissue is not simply conductive. There is evidence that many tissues also demonstrate a capacitive component of current flow and therefore, it is appropriate to speak of the specific admittance (admittivity) or specific impedance (impedivity) of
tissue rather than the conductivity; hence the use of the world
impedance in electrical impedance tomography.

nothing new under the sun

There seems to be nothing new under the sun. This same idea is used by geologists to determine the layers of material below the surface of the earth and whether they can support a building.

They measure the resistance between two ground rods placed at different distances apart. The further apart they are the more effect deeper soil has on the resistance.

Hi Dspnut. Do you have all e-book: "The Biomedical Engineering Handbook: 2nd edition". If yes, please upload to elektroda, or give me, please a link.
Thanks in advance.

Hi arturt134,

I don't have the whole ebook of this book. This is a very big book. There are two volumes and 192 chapters, in all. I only have section VI and VII. :(

flatulent may be nothing new in the idea.
But the EIT is an ill-posed inverse problem which make it a challenge to solve it.

i agree

I agree that it is a real mathematical problem. I was just noting that the laws of physics are taken advantage of in the same way by independent people in nonoverlaping groups.

One of the things that made the US Bell Telephone Laboratories so productive was that they had people from different scientific areas all in the same buildings and they interacted across their technology lines to everyone's benefit.

EIT

I have seen two articles about Electrical Impedance Tomography with 8 or 12 electrodes in the tube about 10 years ago. It was published in the IEE (England) by chinese group of scientists.

Yeah you are right flatulent.
Koreans and chinese are doing a good job in this field.

Is it 4 medical or geological applications?

It can be used in medical, geological, or industrial applications..

Tomography

Hi

Not exactly for medical applications but in the last issue of EPE mag there is project for geological survey. Perhaps it is interestning for someone.

The most recent application of th EIT is in medical... Check the recent IEEE topics to see how many published papers on that.

The whole handbook is on MCU server (w*w.mcu.cz)
Home / eBookOld / The Biomedical Engineering HandBook_Second Edition

Thank you for the info, Carcass

But I cannot download files from www.mcu.cz. Does anyone know why??

Cheers

You have to register before making any download

Status
Not open for further replies.