Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric simulation software

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate my circuit which consists of hall sensor and its signal conditioning. Which simulation software should i use?

LTspice or Pspice or multisim?

Thanq

for me I consider HSPICE , PSPICE and Eldo are the best SPICE tools.
I suggest you to use Cadence OrCad from Cadence which is PSPICE based simulator

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
is this free software? is this possible to download online?

I want to simulate my circuit which consists of hall sensor and its signal conditioning. Which simulation software should i use?
LTspice or Pspice or multisim?
Thanq

It doesn`t matter at all. All software packages can do - provided they have a Hall sensor model on-board (I don`t know if there is any).
Or do you intend to built a model by yourself?

Last edited:

yes i am building circuit with hall sensor which gives out the anologue signal and signal conditioning for it..

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn`t matter at all. All software packages can do - provided the have a Hall sensor model on-board (I don`t know if there is any).
Or do you intend to built a model by yourself?

yes i am building circuit with hall sensor which gives out the anologue signal and signal conditioning for it..

what do u mean by hall sensor on-board? pls can tell that, so it might be useful for me..

thanq

what do u mean by hall sensor on-board? pls can tell that, so it might be useful for me..
thanq

If you intend to simulate a circuit with a Hall sensor you need a model of this device, which can be read by the simulator.
For example - if there is a resistor the simulation program knows that this part does nothing else than to connect current and voltage according to ohms law.
Thus, you must tell the program - with the help of a suitable model - how the Hall sensor works (voltage-current relationships, frequency dependence,...).
When you know how the describing formulas look like you can use existing models (resistors, capacitors, controlled sources) to describe the behaviour of the sensor.

- - - Updated - - -

See for example here for a Hall sensor model:
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=...nYHABQ&usg=AFQjCNG--vpccNc8JNVlyVU7z4N5tynS7g

Hi Thanq,

from

www.powersimtech.com

you can download for free a simulation program called "PSIM" (demo version) that contains also a macro model for a HALL sensor.
Perhaps this helps solving your task

Status
Not open for further replies.