Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electret mic and a dynamic input

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmallan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am using an Electret gooseneck mic and a switch to an electret headset which is connected to a Motorola Tetra radio and that all works fine with Electret.

I also want to use the same arrangement into a second radio that is a sailor set which is looking for a Dynamic input. (both there radios are housed in the same box for talking to a boat and a platform offshore) - Tried Dynamic into the Tetra but could never get sharp audio without noise.

Anyone any idea how I can connect in the same two electret mics so they can both be used on the Tetra that works with electret and the Sailor set that wants dynamic, both at the same time i.e. I'm looking to take the electret connection and spit it so I can have a dynamic output to use on the Sailor.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Electret microphones are usually high output whereas dynamic ones are usually low output. On the other hand, dynamic microphones are low impedance whereas electret microphones are mostly set with a built in one transistor network and they need a power source. Therefore electret microphones have three wire connectors (power, signal and ground) whereas dynamic ones have just two wires. Usually they are not interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back