Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELECTRA router - any opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divan

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electra router

Hello !
Does anyone have any experience with ELECTRA trace router from Connecteda ? If yes - plz drop some words about . Especially usage with Eagle is interested.
Thanx.

electra eagle

When the Eagle PCB components are placed in position click File =>Run and choose the C:\program files\Electra\eagle\PCB_To_DSN.ulp to generate a "yourfilename.dsn" file placed in your design library. Choose the router settings in the menu that pops up. Choose layers, Clearance, default track width. Startup Electra and open the DSN file you generated. Click Autoroute and wait for the router to finish the Job. Choose Export =>Script in Electra and Save the script file in your design library. Ensure that your old Eagle PCB is "Ripped up" (no unwanted tracks) and choose Eagle menu File=>Script and load the .scr file

elektra router

thanx but this is official electra's site extractions. And i ask about real experience with electra router - has anyone has tryed or has not ?

improving proteus autoroute

Today i tried to use Eagle and Electra. I follow the instructions on connecteda website, and the results are very positive, because it is much more faster than eagle built-in autorouter.
I need to sent an e-mail to electra support because the file required to export eagle board to .DSN file are missing on setup.exe installation, and the support provide me the neccessary file called "PCB_To_DSN.ulp". The feature export to script is disable on Electra demo, and is not possible to eagle import routed file.
Good lucky.
MKW

eagle spectra dsn

I've used ELECTRA internally with Proteus with considerable success.

I've found 'interactively' routing via the command line to be the most successful method - several iterations of "route,clean,filter" commonly being necessary to achieve completion.

Particularly impressed with reliability (haven't crashed it yet) and price.

The only issue I've come across is that it doesn't seem to cost routing through a partial zone on a mixed layer and so there is a tendency for ELECTRA to report completion when actually it has placed a track that fragments the zone. Reinvoking the router or moving the splintering track(s) then resolves the problem so it's not a major headache.

follow-me eagle router

Is the DSN file generated is compactable with the Specctra?

Binu G

elektra eagle pcb

I *think* so - at least in as much as ELECTRA implements the SPECCTRA language.

We haven't got a licence for SPECCTRA so can't check it out or guarantee conformity :-(

Iain.

electra connecteda

Is there any other Route Editor which support the Eagle ?

Binu G

electra router commands

Does anyone know how to use ELECTRA with PROTEUS? I talk about the versions of PROTEUS previous to the 6.5SP5.

Svicent

connecteda electra license

You can't : We only implemented the ELECTRA interface in V6.5

Iain.

electra ulp eagle layout

the integration between protues and elektra is very very good.
you do not feel like you are using two different software.
it is as nice as using spectra within layout+.
the cost is the best part of the software, they need to improve upon the documentation part.
i think they assume that the user knows spectra do format, which may not be true for many new users.
hock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back