Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eigenmode polarization question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpwmaster

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss v12

I am using the eigenmode solver to find the modes in a fabry-perot type cavity, so two mirrors seperated by L with radius of curvature R, where R~L,
I have been finding the modes, but I can't figure out how HFSS v12 determines the polarization of each mode. For example, if you have a cylindrical cavity, how does
HFSS determine which polarization the modes are, since they could be any. Furthermore, the fabry-perot cavity can either be solved using laguerre-gaussian modes (cylindrical coordinates) or hermite-gaussian modes (rectangular coordinates). It looks like HFSS is using laguerre gaussian modes. How does HFSS determine which one to use?

Thanks,

hfssâ„¢ v12

wait. I thought you couldn't create pml boundaries in CST? Is the resonator you simulated in CST open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back