Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

efficient solar cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

azaz104

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm thinking of making a graduation project for other students based on using home made solar cells...

is it possible to build solar cells that are efficient to use in poering electrical machines?!? nontheless can i make it at home?

You can find lots of information here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell
In particular, take a look at the plot of efficiencies. The maximum efficiency is 36% and those are cells made by commercial outfits.

Take a look at the links for more information. Are you sure you want to make the solar cells or just use them in the application.

Best regards,
v_c

solar cells... COOL. I once took part in a solar car builing and racing comp. Came out second in design, third in the actual race.

its is a majoe thrust area of research..all scientists especially from industrilzed nations are squeezing their brain to find a method to improve efficiency ie.. light to electric signal

actually the thing is this:
1- the project is a final year project for electrical enginerring senior students

2- the project must help people in rural areas who don't have power facilities..i thought of using wind turbines but for now i'll begin with solar cells.

3- there should be a pre-estimation of the cost of the project

4- storing the energy in batteries is an option

5- any help from you guys is more than welcomed:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.