Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Effects of Positive Feedback in Opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec_boy

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have a question.....
How does positive feedback help in reducing the false triggering of circuits like
schmitt trigger?

Please help....

you can design a hysteresis cicuit.

longstar, i guess that's what elec_boy means.
elec_boy, just look to any datasheet of comarator,
for example **broken link removed**
Look to typical applications, comparator with hysteresis.
Reference voltage of the comparator is switched by the positieve feedback

elec_boy said:
Hi all,
I have a question.....
How does positive feedback help in reducing the false triggering of circuits like
schmitt trigger?

Please help....

The use of positive feedback introduce hysteresis in the circuit and avoid false triggering as long as the signal perturbation is lower than the hysteresis window.

Bastos

elec_boy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
elec_boy,
A schmitt trigger uses positive feedback to derive its reference voltage as a function of its output state. For example, suppose we have an inverting Schmitt trigger with a reference (inverting) input of voltage of 1 V when the output is in the "1" state. When the input (non-inverting) input exceeds 1 V, the output switches to zero, and the reference, due to positive feedback, changes to 0.9V. The input voltage must now be reduced to a value below 0.9V before the output will switch back to zero. The positive feedback has given you a noise immunity of 0.1V.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.