Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

effective dielectric constant of slotline

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassim1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there someone knows the formula of an effective dielectric constant of slotline?

Thank you in advance,

Nass

Hello,

Yes the following article has the equations for effective dielectric constant calculation for Slotline...
"Closed-form Dispersion Models for Propagation Characteristics of Slot-line in Lossy Media with Conductor Thickness"

---manju---

Hello Manjunatha_hv,

Yeah, i found them from Gupta book. Many thanks for the paper title that you provided me, it's good.

Please, could you help me in the following step:

I wanted to compare n (transformer turn ration) with three methods given in literature which are as follows:
1. Using paper of Knorr 'Slotline transistors' : IEEE MTT 1974
2. Using paper of Das 'Generalized multi-port reciprocity analysis of surface to surface transition between ...' IEEE MTT1993
3. Using paper of Antar 'Microstrip-slotline transition analysis using the spectral domain ....' IEEE 1992

With the 1st one, n is easy to calculate it but for the others i found difficult such as for the 2nd method, i didn't find how to determine the J0(.) (zeroth-order bessel function) whereas the 3rd method it is little nit complicated, i.e, the expression of n is not clear...

Please, do have ideas on that or can someone help me?

Thanks you in advance,

Nassim

just to inform you that it's okay for the 2nd method (Das) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back