Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEPROM interface in I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I had this question.

Usually, any I2C device peripheral, such as an EEPROM, has an I2C device address.

1. Does I2C EEPROM have a register type of memory arrangement? I tried to search but was not able to find it.
When the master, Microcontroller, needs to send data or receive data from the device, whether we send or receive data to the EEPROM registers or how is it arranged?

Can someone explain?

Hi,

I recommend to read the datasheet. There´s everything you need to know.

Datasheets are often somehow complicated to understand. Sooner or later you need to be familiar with them.

But if you need some "not that technical" informations: Go to youtube and do a search for "I2C EEPROM tutorial".
Also there are a lot of forum discussions here, in the internet, examples with code, with scope pictures.
It´s all available. Just use it.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.