Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] EEPROM IDE Available in market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d@nny

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any EEPROM IDE available?
Or how i can burn some code in eeprom with out microcontroller?
Can i use some assembler for eeprom
or is there any other software with eeprom internal memory to reside data in it?

Are you referring to an external EEPROM, not the internal EEPROM of the MCU?

Is there any EEPROM IDE available?
Or how i can burn some code in eeprom with out microcontroller?

If you are referring to external EEPROM, you have several different options from using a Universal Programmer to a Bus Pirate. The options are largely dependent on the form of the EEPROM, parallel, SPI, I2C, etc.

SPI and I2C Serial EEPROMs can be programmed with an Open Source Bus Pirate or a Commercial SPI/I2C Host Adapter like a Total Phase Aardvark:

Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter

Sparkfun - Bus Pirate

Dangerous Prototypes - Bus Pirate

Both the design, source code and application software for the Bus Pirate are Open Source and Freely Available, so you can build your own.

Can i use some assembler for eeprom
or is there any other software with eeprom internal memory to reside data in it?

You can program external EEPROM with virtually any HEX file, from an Assembler or Compiler. However, for your MCU to execute the contents directly from the EEPROM, it must support external addressing.

If I did not understand your posting correctly, please elaborate.

BigDog

IS PIC16 support external addressing?
Actually i want to burn some data into external eeprom and want that the mcu load data from external eeprom
I am using PIC16F72
and want to burn some predefined values in external eeprom as it does not have an internet eeprom
but i dont know how to do this codes and value in external eeprom

IS PIC16 support external addressing?
Actually i want to burn some data into external eeprom and want that the mcu load data from external eeprom
I am using PIC16F72
and want to burn some predefined values in external eeprom as it does not have an internet eeprom
but i dont know how to do this codes and value in external eeprom

You can store data externally in an EEPROM and access it freely with the PIC16F72.

You just cannot store program code on an external EEPROM and have the PIC16F72 execute the instructions directly from the EEPROM.

As far as storing data on a Serial EEPROM, you can easily write a short program for your PIC which copies a block of data to the EEPROM in preparation of accessing it later in your final program, the beauty of nonvolatile storage.

Or you could write a program which will accept data streamed serially from a PC and store it on the EEPROM.

Or build yourself a Bus Pirate as I mentioned before and have the ability to use the scripting feature and preprogram a variety of Serial EEPROM devices.

There are several options. But yes, using a Serial EEPROM would be a viable option in your design.

BigDog

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have got this after so much search from market in my city :roll:
the no. on chip is as follows
ATMLU911
02B 1
ZHT8229K

Is this chinese version on 24c08

but 02B 1 mean i think 2K
Is this wrong
how do u got it is 1 K
as there were many so i want to know so that next time i got proper no.

ATMLU911
02B 1
ZHT8229K
Is this chinese version on 24c08

I wasn't sure if you were stating a fact or asking a question with the last statement.

The ATML in the first line seems to indicate ATMEL, if it is 2k byte EEPROM its a 24C16, not a 24C08.

BigDog

My mistake it is actually 24C02 said by the seller. now how much byte data i can store in 24c02
thank you so much

Then it's a 24C02, 2k bits or 256 bytes of storage.

Reference the datasheet I posted the link to above. It reference all the devices of the AT24C family.

BigDog

Any detailed tutoril to use these devices.

Are you coding in Assembly or C?

If C, what compiler?

BigDog

C is so much difficult and i couldn't understand it. So i m using assembly
Write code on notepad
and than MPASMWIN converts it into machine code.

Here are some example projects and appnotes using Assembly:

Interfacing a PIC with a Microchip 24LC65 8K X 8 EEPROM

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

These should get you started in the right direction.

BigDog

Reactions: FvM and d@nny

d@nny

FvM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back