Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEPROM I2C to USB connection for reading and writing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulchezhian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm searching for a solution to connect a EEPROM (ATMEL) via I2C to USB adapter to my PC. I want to read, edit and write data inside EEPROM. The device which contains this EEPROM is not powered. Also, It's a small form-factor pluggable (SPF) transceiver used for generating optical signals in WDM signals (a costly device, of course!). This device has the EEPROM and contains the specifications or device IDs(bit rate, link length, vendor spec, etc etc). This device is usually plugged into a large system which handshakes with this SPF Transceiver for generation of optical pulses according to the spec inside the EEPROM. Now, if I need to change or read the spec which is inside the EEPROM of SPF transceiver, I need to connect it to the PC via a I2C to USB adapter and then read out via a GUI.
Now, my doubt is, is it possible to read and write the data inside EEPROM using the driver and GUI provided by the I2C to USB adapter manufacturer or else should I make a simple GUI to read and write from the EEPROM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back