Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eeprom access problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh6821

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on AT89C51 & AT28C16 (eeprom). While interfacing AT89C51 to external EEPROM, I found 2 observations.

1. sometimes /CS is permenantly active i.e. address transition is not taking place but /WR & /RD signals are generated and the data is written properly to the EEPROM as per datasheet.
2. sometimes address transition is taking place but WR & /RD signals are not generated.

I am attaching thae circuit and code for your reference.

Please help me in this regard.

Attachments

• EEPROM_ACCESS.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 53

The purpose of the address decoder and /CS signal can't be understood from your schematic. The address lines A8-A15 are however only valid during memory accesses, so it's not surprizing to see /CS active sometimes. You can ignore this activities, or omit the decoder and tie /CS to low.

The purpose of the address decoder and /CS signal can't be understood from your schematic. The address lines A8-A15 are however only valid during memory accesses, so it's not surprizing to see /CS active sometimes. You can ignore this activities, or omit the decoder and tie /CS to low.

The IC 7400 is a NAND gate and the signal Y is the output of NAND gate. When both a15 & a14 are high, then /CS is active. I don't understand what is the problem with this circuit Pls reply me.

I don't see power pins of 74LS273 in the schematic. Are they connected on your board?

How much delay is the delay() routine generating? Is it sufficient to allow internal EEPROM write operation to complete?

Last edited:

I don't see power pins of 74LS273 in the schematic. Are they connected on your board?

How much delay is the delay() routine generating? Is it sufficient to allow internal EEPROM write operation to complete?

Power pins of 74LS273 are connected on my board. The delay() routine gives 100 us delay but i tried with 1 ms delay routine also but I am facing same problem. Tell me what could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.