Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] EE and EI core ferrite transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid159

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guyz,
please anyone can tell me the difference between ee and ei core ferrite transformer.i'm making 1500watt inverter.but the problem is that it consists of ei core transformer.it's not available in our country.but ee core available.can I use ee core transformer instead of ei core? if not then what should I do?

you can use the same ee core for your ei core desgin . the core parameter will be the same for ei & ee core. it will fit in the same bobin

I need a eer-49 or higer cores and boobin for my 350W Flyback projcet. Do you have information where i can get it?

thankyou very much

I don't think the core type will affect your design unless the area and the core material remains the same as that of your design.

I don't think the core type will affect your design unless the area and the core material remains the same as that of your design.

Dear Paradhan.rachit,

actualy, i've developing an-smps with output voltage about 13,5V in about 25Amp of current. sigle output, and 220V AC in input side. after some litle calculation (derived from firechild KA-5Q-series APP Notes), i take a eer-49 for core of transformer.

So, actually, i can use smaller trafo IF THERE IS enough for wide area of windings, its correct?

thnak you

What wire diameter are you using for secondary side?
According to the IEC R40 Wire table, a 2.65mm diameter wire can handle a current of 11.66A...That's the maximum current capacity wire that i came accross in the table.

- - - Updated - - -

What wire diameter are you using for secondary side?
According to the IEC R40 Wire table, a 2.65mm diameter wire can handle a current of 11.66A...That's the maximum current capacity wire that i came accross in the table.

According to the IEC R40 Wire table, a 2.65mm diameter wire can handle a current of 11.66A
But not at usual ferrite transformer frequencies. Litz wire or foil windings are required for high current.

Cross sectional area of the ferrite core is more impotent than winding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.