Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EDA package with multi-board interconnect capabilities ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadimus

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eda package

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a good board design package that is also aware of system-level interconnect. Features I'm interesting in are tracing nets across large number of boards and cables, analyzing system-wide consequence of design change, simultaneous design of several interconnected boards etc.

I've looked into datasheets of several well-known vendors: cadence, altium, zuken and found no mention whatsoever of multi-board projects.

Suggestions ?

TIA

I think best bet would be Altium. Create PCB designs as modules with hierarchial schematics, then you can create 3D PCBs and fit together, checking electronic and physical fits. OR, with other applications you can combine all board outlines to create big board with all circuits; but no 3D.

Interesting. With altium, can we really specify the correspondence between a hierarchial unit in a project and a PCB, with multiple PCBs residing in the same project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back