Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EDA on linux is fast than winXP ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i use windows xp professional and suse linux 9.1 professional ona dual boot machine and i have to say that windows does seem to be just that much faster, when comparing kde to the windows desktop in terms of resizing and moving items windows does seem to be more responsive. now i have to admit that i dont have nvidia drivers installed yet on suse (problem with online update, installed everything else but the drivers) which shouldn't make any huge difference. also i must add that even starting applications is slower than in linux. also installing applications is a lot easier,, so is customization, ... dont get me wrong i'm a huge fan of linux but it just isn't up the the standard of windows yet in terms of user friendlyness

I just run them on linux
i just know windows is not stable,

The key point is that there are so many powerful tools under Unix/Linux which can improve your work efficiency a lot. Also, most of the time, you are not runing a single job.

i feel no only speed and is nore stalbe ...
Debussy is a good instance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.