Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EDA Netlist Translation Reg.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravanan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to read the different cad netlist file and translate it for our purpose. How can I read the different netlist files? Can I get the specification of the netlist format from the vendor(PCAD,PADS....)?

Regards,
S.Saravanan.

Most vendors will supply a netlists format document or a database structure document for the file itself. Most are in ASCII so not too hard to guess.

Depending on the tools to be imported or the target tools many programs are already available for this type of work.

Do you want to import many different types of netlist into one target application?

Or do you want to generate a netlist in many different formats from one application?

Or do you want all of the above 8)

j2356r said:
Most vendors will supply a netlists format document or a database structure document for the file itself. Most are in ASCII so not too hard to guess.

Depending on the tools to be imported or the target tools many programs are already available for this type of work.

Do you want to import many different types of netlist into one target application?

Or do you want to generate a netlist in many different formats from one application?

Or do you want all of the above 8)

Thanks For your reply. I want import many different types of netlist in to one type of netlist format. If you have any programes(free ware/demo version) then I will try it. IF suppose it meets my requirement exactly then I will be thinking to bye it also.

Regards,
Saravanan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back