Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECO problems in PADS 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

popoyboys

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have experienced components being moved to another location or swapped location with another component after doing ECO to PCB in PADS v2005.. may i know why this happens? what are the possible causes and fixes for this type of error?

Human Error...

Check your settings...
Check your ECO do's and don't

and most of all try to change nets one at a time... because ECO don't know what you have done in between. If you change all the nets at the same time you are just moving the whole components around...

Note:

One at a time!!!!

Hi

You can try version 2007, it' better than 2005. Also, you can look at the ECO file before import it into PADs to see if you can delete components that you don't want to move.

Hope this help.

Instead of blindly back annotating just read the eco file before importing to PCB. And give only what you really needs to change and delete remaining things. Thats always a safe one.

i forgot to mention that i have done swap reference designators in the schematic (Logic) prior to doing ECO to PCB.. and the result is that component's location are also swapped in the Layout which I don't expect..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back