Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECAD for Optical communication systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekim

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know about Optical CAD?

Hi Spacekim,

Serenade of Ansoft does have optical models for linear/nonlinear analysis like laser diode, LED, photon detector, optical fibre and attenuator. Otherwise it is not a dedicated Optical CAD of course.
The optical models are to be filled with real datasheet particulars if a real optical device is to be simulated, because its library does not include manufactured optical components.
I do not know of other serious CADs dealing with optical issues but a search on the web revealed the followings:
EasyOpt Optical CAD Program at kvand.mit.edu/EasyOpt/index.shtml or if you think of optical entities such as lenses, mirrors, prisms etc, then see **broken link removed** .

I do not know these programs though. I hope these are of some help to you.

Regards

unkarc

Hi Spacekim,

Sorry for the delay but I was away for a few days.
Unfortunately I do not know the software products of Optiwave. In fact I am not really involved in optics and the related CAD, I am interested in "normal" RF circuits and as such I know Serenade includes some models of optical components. I did visit the url of Optiwave a few minutes ago and saw they are willing to send software which is fully working to anybody interested for evaluation purposes, without the burder of purchasing it later... Maybe those softwares include timelimits only.

Regards

unkarc

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back