Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EASYEDA footprint and symbol wont join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zenerbjt

Hi,
Why wont this easy eda footprint and symbol join?

I cant even see the footprint when i try and match pads and pins

Attachments

• FOOTPRINT AND SYMBOL.jpg
    FOOTPRINT AND SYMBOL.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 238
  • FOOTPRINT.jpg
    FOOTPRINT.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 191
  • SYMBOL.jpg
    SYMBOL.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 178

Dear Engineers, does anyone know of a good easyeda tutorial that shows how to do component creation?

Almost all the youtube videos on it detail how to draw a schem which i think anyone would already know.
I am beginning to wonder if such "part creation" videos are not done because they want you to use their LCSC footprints instead and pay for them.

I have full use of Eagle and learned Eagle straight away.....easyeda is causing all kinds of problems to me......also, in Eagle , you can solve all your problems by simply googling them

You can try KiCAD, it is free, it is NOT online, with good libraries, quite big user base, good user forum, ...
Runs on any platform (Win, Lin, Mac).

Reactions: zenerbjt

Z

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you think about switching to a new free tool, KIKAD sounds like a good idea. You should also consider this: Even a not too complex, intuitively operated tool has a learning curve, at least a few weeks, much longer for complex high performance tools.

Reactions: zenerbjt

Z

You should also consider this: Even a not too complex, intuitively operated tool has a learning curve, at least a few weeks, much longer for complex high performance tools.
Thanks, i woudl agree......but with one exception...Eagle Pro....i bought this, and immediately was able to use it...any problems i had were quickly answered by google searching or asking on a forum......Eagle Pro......no learning curve as such for me........but 7 other packages...horrendous.

Either I am some freak who just finds Eagle Pro far easier to get on with than all the others....or Eagle pro is just better.

I tried Eagle long time ago and found it not to be an intuitive piece of software.
When I started with PCB design, I used smARTWORK (DOS software, running from 5.25" floppy :)), OrCAD, TANGO, Protel, ...
Never used any auto router (it is for si**ies :D).
Now, retired, I'm "playing" with KiCAD. As any software it has its bugs, quirks and workarounds.
Good user forum, where you can get a lot of answers, even from developers.
Tutorials that you can fond on YT or some other places are usually outdated, but that's the price that you have to pay for FOSS.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back