Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy to interface EEPROM/Flash memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyasankar09

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly any one suggest me name of any eeprom or a flash memory which is easier to interface, i am not so much familiar with I2c and spi, if there is any memory chips which can be installed without I2c and spi...kindly suggest me one...Thanks in Advance..:?:

Re: flash or Eeprom ????

The spi will be easier to use.
How much space do you need?

The 25xx series eeproms should do.

sir, thanks for ur replay, i never used spi, i just need to store one character in memory,i dnt need more space...

You need to store this character in a non volatile memory ?
I'm not sure what other alternative is there.

SPI in general is very easy to use althow I'm not familiar with your mcu so I can't provide specific info.

Which microcontroller are you using? It is possible that the microcontroller you are using has internal EEPROM. Have you looked into this?

some mcus allow

- - - Updated - - -

in some mcus you can write to the program memory (usually flash). but flas memories are justified for frequent write/erase cycles.

Hello!

Since most MCUs are flash based, if you really need to write a single byte, then you may
consider using the internal flash space for your nonvolatile byte information.
You can usually write the program flash at runtime. The only condition is that you cannot
write in the same segment as the one your program is running from (this would be like
cutting the branch you'r sitting on).
If you use the internal flash, then you have to consider that flash can be written a limited
number of times (around 100 000???) but this is usually far more than you would need.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.