Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

easy-to-build 12V car battery in/20V 3.5A 3524-based Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehico16

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
12v to 20v converter

easy-to-build 12V car battery in/20V 3.5A '3524-based Laptop circuits

12v dc to 20v 3.5a converter

hi
I dont understand.
you want to convert 12vDc to 20v&3.5A?
or 20v to 12v?
3524 ? you meam swps IC (LM3524) ?

how to build a car battery

Boost converting is not easy. Hope you need a converter from 12 volts to 20 volts 3.5amps for charging/operatiing a laptop. I do have a circuit but may take 2-3 days to find in my collection. But i''ll post it here. May be you'll get better posts from other friends within that time.

12v to 20 v

Sorry...sorry..Actually i forgot about this post. Here are two simple DC to DC booster circuit based on SG3525. More details of the project and the transformers can be seen at "http://sound.westhost.com/project89.htm". Only thing you have to do is custom design a transformer with the required voltage you need.
Good luck

12v car battery

i am experimenting with almost exactly the same circuit,
the SG3525 is directly driving the MOSFET via gate resistors.

The main difference in the above circuit is the driving of the MOSFETs
can anyone shed any experience as to whether the first one with additional
components to drive the MOSFETs be any superior in practise?

According to specs the SG3525 is well capable of driving the capacitve load of
the MOSFET gates, and my experiments seem to confirm that.
But i'm unsure of any downsides, maybe reliability ??

Another question I have is about configuring dead-time with the SG3525,
i'm not sure......its different to a TL494....
any advice please?

Re: easy-to-build 12V car battery in/20V 3.5A 3524-based La

not enough amps for clean gate drive. would work for one low Qg fet per .. but rise/fall would be very slow.. hence power dissipation much higher.
i like the LT1243 8-DIP for these circuits, 1.5A output pwm controller.. very nice to not need a driver even for high freq. /high power switching..saves alot of boardspace.

plus.. a diode and a resistor on COMP and the Current sense threshold can be lowered to around 20mV reliably.. no more huge/dissipating/high resistance current sense resistors.. or seperate Cs amps. NICE

thanks guys for the links, i was looking for a 12VCD to 20VDC for quite some time, i'll study and make some tests with the ones u guys posted, then i'll post the results.

cheers

here is one published in efy magazine may be useful

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back