Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eas 8.2mhz antenna design size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drprez

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am trying to design a unique EAS system and need some help with the antenna design

I have a rx and tx Pcb boards. On the 8.2mhz I am using soft tags that are flat
18F6DD9A-6703-44AA-96E7-CFC4C435A536.jpeg

What I want to do is very specifically control how wide the antenna detection area is.

I want it to be a very narrow plain yet cover a specific size.

More specifically I have an opening that is 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall. The wall is wood wall however the opening is made of 2 inch steel square tube and I basically want the antenna signal to work inside this steel frame area

As our products pass through this I want the system to activate. But because our system uses a production line it stops frequently. Which is the problem. Only the red area in the picture below I want to be the detection area.

F9A4140A-968F-4AF5-91C5-B151FF6FDE7D.jpeg

I want it to go off only when the device crosses this line at the 6x4 opening. I want it as exact as possible. But not wider. Because if a device stops say 2 inches before this line I don’t want it to activate.

So my question is
-how would I make this antenna design to work?
-what gauge and type of wire?
- what can I do so the detection is only inside this square area and not on the sides but directed only in the box?
-do I shield the antenna on the side I don’t want it?

I attached my eas Pcb boards as well as a basic drawing of what I am trying to do.

F5F2320A-C109-497C-82B1-9408E91C5B46.jpeg
9DEF253D-530F-45C0-AF10-7B41ADD699DF.jpeg

3BB81BA9-8E30-471C-B7A5-D925146A9D05.jpeg

If you can help with specifics to my design or what to do I would appreciate it.

FE829C1A-4F1C-4093-B3A3-ABC5C34DEF44.jpeg

Last edited:

EAS system isn't designed to achieve high spatial resolution and as I fear can never achieve the wanted resolution, as last without differential transmitter coils and a specifically designed reader device.

EAS system isn't designed to achieve high spatial resolution and as I fear can never achieve the wanted resolution, as last without differential transmitter coils and a specifically designed reader device.
So what can I do to get closer to what I am wanting to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back