Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle replace component error

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrJezni

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there.

I would like to ask you about this error in Eagle: when I try to REPLACE a simple 1x6 pin header with the one I drew (copied the symbol, drew my own package) I get this error:

"Gate A in the old version of device set PINHD-1X6 can't be mapped to any gate in the new version of this device set (neither by name nor by coordinates)."

What strikes me as odd is the fact, that I have drawn many other packages for my pin headers (1x2, 1x4, etc) in the same manner, but I only encountered problem with this particular one. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot guys. Have a nice day!
GM

Hi,

It can be done only if
pin count of old package is same as new, (you may not ignore or add any, even they are not connected !)
pin names of old package is same as new.
Try with this.

I copied the symbol, so there should be no differences in symbols of these two devices. I made my own package (it is very simple - after all it is just a pin header with a SMD footprint), named the pins from 1 to 6 as with the original. But they don't seem to be compatible.

And what is strange is this:

1) I have drawn many other pin headers in the same fashion, and they work - they can replace other pin headers from pinhead library.

2) PINHD-1X6 from the pinhead.lbr seems to be problematic. It cannot be replaced even by 6 pin header MA06-1 from con-lstb.lbr library, which I doubt is anything wrong with it, since other headers PINHD-1Xn can be replaced with MA0n-1.

Maybe there is something "wrong" with PINHD-1X6 - some parameter set or not set that causes this. Try if you can replace it with MA06-1. If you can, then there is probably something wrong with my library (I might accidentally changed something).

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back