Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro.....want origin at corner of PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
Do you know how I can make the pcb layout origin be at the bottom right corner of the pcb?.....I cannot find any menu options which even refer to the"origin"

The coordinates work on a conventional cartesian system so increasing numbers to the right for x and up for y. You can put the PCB where you like relative to the origin but if you put the origin at the right of the PCB the PCB coordinates will be negative in the x axis. You can set the relative origin as well but x will still be negative to the left of the relative origin.

This assumes I have understood the question correctly.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
OK thanks Keith, in the end I just went to the pcb window, made all layers visible, and then literally selected the whole pcb, then moved it so that its bottom right corner was over where the origin was.
I wonder which layer the origin is on?

ie , when I do the gerbers, how do the pcb assembly people know where the pcb's origin is?

The origin doesn't have a layer as far as I know - it just "is". I am not sure why you are concerned about where the origin - it is arbitrary. I have seen Gerbers where the origin is all over the place and as far as I know it doesn't affect the manufacturing.

Keith

T

I am not sure why you are concerned about where the origin - it is arbitrary. I have seen Gerbers where the origin is all over the place and as far as I know it doesn't affect the manufacturing.
As long as the production data are consistent...

Do you know how I can make the pcb layout origin be at the bottom right corner of the pcb?
Why bottom right? Gerber and most CAD tool coordinate systems have the "origin" (xmin/ymin point) in the lower left corner.

I think it's straightforward to have the lower left PCB corner (for rectangular boards) at position (0,0). And it's of course helpful to use a matching origin for gerber and drill data.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back