Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro....Library is locked..how to unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

In my "program files" folder, i notice that my .lbr that i used for the schematic and pcb is locked...it has a padlock icon on the library name.....i think this is why the schematic and pcb are not updating to changes that i make in this library...do you know how i can unlock it, so that i can "update" my schematic to part changes?

I have never come across locking of libraries, only components on boards. I would expect it to be a feature accessed by right clicking on the library name but can see nothing. Have a you a screenshot of the library and locked symbol? When you say in the "program files" folder, what is the actual path name?

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
to be honest, i cant even see my library in the program files folder itself.....though i can see it when i am in the schematic and i go "update".....and then i see it, in a folder which i identify as the "lbr" file from the "EAGLE 6.2.0" folder which is in the "program files x86" folder....but it has the padlock icon against the file icon.
how can i get rid of this padlock?

What operating system are you using? This sounds like something to do with that and nothing to do with Eagle.

Keith

T

i am using windows 7. Its strange that i can see my "lbr" library when i am in Eagle....but when i go to "program files (x86)", i can see all the other "lbr" files which shipped with eagle but not my own "lbr" library. I know my "lbr" library file is there, but windows wont show it to me.......so i can only see it when i am in eagle................

In Windows Explorer change your view to see all read only/hidden files etc.

If you still cannot see them then they are not there.

If they are, select them all, choose the properties and make them NOT read only.

You may want to also take ownership of the folders, Win7 likes to stop it's users accessing it's folders and has all sorts of security that keeps the user from doing stuff.

T

I wonder what a "padlock" icon is. I don't find it mentioned in the Eagle manual.

Did you consider that Eagle might use multiple library folders?

T

C:\Program Files (x86)\EAGLE-6.2.0\lbr

...this is the directory for the libraries, i got this address by going OPTIONS > DIRECTORIES in eagle

....So when i go into this directory, do you mean i should click "lbr" file , then go to "security" tab, and change the "permisions" there?

i went into "control panel " > "folder options" and cant find where to unhide read only files.

If Eagle tells me that my active library is "C:\Program Files (x86)\EAGLE-6.2.0\lbr", and i can see my library in there when in eaqgle, then it must be in that folder...but when i open that folder , i cannot see it.

Do you know how i can find it.?

Browse for it with Windows Explorer.

T

This is an issue I've come across a couple times with Eagle. It's because of settings in the computer's operating system, not because of Eagle. Usually fixing it required logging in as a sys admin, then copying the files and the "lock" went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back