Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - How to duplicate PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For railmodel analog PWM powering of auxiliary tracks I need to make multiple simple throttles. It makes sense to place them on one physical PCB instead of separate PCBs due to more simple installation, space under the baseboard, possible vertical orientation of PCB etc. Size of one throttle is actually less than 5x5cm, it would be useful to have triples or quads on one board and redrawing sch and pcb seems to me little bit overkill (I know how to copy sch, but not brd). Is there an option in Eagle to duplicate already designed PCBs or the only practical option is to duplicate layout as a picture when printing a film? Thanks for advices, newbie with access to Eagle 5.6.0.

Hi,
I dont know Eagle, but worked lot with other CADs:
usually you must set all (interesting)layers active & unfix all components if you have had, than mark your interesting surface per cursor-windos to copy, click on mouse.
After them is your selected & copied data mosten to "import" form "edit + paste" from clipboard...
you have then to place your second/& newest "layout" with moving your cursor and finished.
If you dont selected some other function after placement, you can repeat this job more times, as wished, the system gives automatically new Ref-Designators too_maybe you will (and can) edit/change it later, as the exact positioning of your "modules" you can change later & every time too.
Remember: set all interesting layers active & unfix components/things before copying...
You can rotate it too_as normal drowings in paint and so.:)
K.

harmi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for direction, actually copy/paste works strangely in Eagle, cut works as copy.... Anyhow I found the answer on svetelektro.com: 1. group, 2. cut, 3. rightclick to selection, which opens context sensitive menu with 'Cut:Group' option, 3. Paste.

:)
congratulation!
K.
Merci-Harmi, best wishes!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back