Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] EAGLE ERC Warnings! [Pins Overlap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia.newversion

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So, the screenshot is of a schematic in EAGLE... EAGLE says I have pins overlapping in a certain area... I don't see any overlapping.

Can anyone point out the problem please? Thanks.

Attachments

• EAGLE.jpg
    EAGLE.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 132

I might have to see the Eagle file to find it but one guess is you have two displays on top of one another - if you have an error on every pin then that is likely.

Keith

I checked and there is not any overlapping of a symbol as well. But I have attached the schematic, nonetheless.
Please guide.

Be sure to comment if you see anywhere else the schematic is lacking.

Attachments

• PIC16F887 Demo Board.rar
    49.9 KB · Views: 69

I ran ERC and this is all I got:
30_1319330916.png

What version of EAGLE are you using?
John

Last edited:

Are you sure you have re-run the ERC since editing the schematic?

Keith.

Are you sure you have re-run the ERC since editing the schematic?

Keith.

I am pretty sure that I did re-run it... Not once, but several times. I read somewhere that sometimes EAGLE gives stupid errors which go away just by quitting and restarting EAGLE. So I saved my schematic ("as is" in the picture attached to thread) and restarted EAGLE control panel. Then I reopened the schematic and re-ran the ERC. And again, the same problem. That happened several times and I concluded that if it doesn't go away by restarting, it's not a stupid error and should be posted on edaBoard... Since my last post here, I hadn't opened the schematic.

But just now I reopened it and it shows the same ERC output as that of John (jpanhalt)... :O
Seems like an EAGLE bug after all...

I ran it on my version & didn't get the overlap errors. Are you using the latest version? It may be a bug that has been fixed, although as a long time Eagle user it is not a problem I have ever seen.

Keith

Hi all, i saw the problem is solved, but i wish to tell to others, who may have the same trouble in the future. So, the reason is grid settings, when you choose component from library and put it on the sheet and then change grid parameters, the program not be able to connect properly components each other. That's all! I hope this info will help somebody.:cool:

Hi all, i saw the problem is solved, but i wish to tell to others, who may have the same trouble in the future. So, the reason is grid settings, when you choose component from library and put it on the sheet and then change grid parameters, the program not be able to connect properly components each other. That's all! I hope this info will help somebody.:cool:

Yes, that's precisely the problem, I think. I remember I was playing with grids at the time I had this problem. Thanks for mentioning.

And something more, in standard libraries, the components are commonly designed with space between pins 0.1 inch(2.54mm) or 0.05 inch(1.27mm), so if for any reason the grid size was changed to non-standard, just roll back default size(or sizes shown above) before begin on build circuit. That's the solution. Actually, there is no reason for changing grid size in schemstic file(.sch), i often do this in board file(.brd), 'cause usually i need exact PCB dimensions (in mm), and inch units is useless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.