Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EAGLE CAD dimension error when creating connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I keep on getting Dimension Error whenever I do a DRC. The errors are located at the pads of my thru hole connector.

From my understanding, a dimension error occurs because a trace is too close to a dimension layer. The pads for my through hole connector has a dimension layer added by eagle automatically when I add a drill hole. Why does eagle do this? If there's a dimension layer in the middle of my pad, then how can I connect a trace to the pad without getting a dimension error???

Please see screenshot below.

**broken link removed**

Could you attach the PCB file? You will need to zip it. I think you are misinterpreting the meaning of dimension error.

Keith

You get that when the track width is more that the diameter of the pad.

You get that when the track width is more that the diameter of the pad.

No you don't.

Also, in the image the track width is less than the pad diameter anyway.

It will be easier to find the problem with the file. It could be that the drill is below the minimum in the design rules but then I would expect an error on every hole.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back