Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Simulation of MEMS switch in Coventorware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to simulate a MEMS switch to find the switching speed etc in SABER simulator which is a part of Coventorware.
I already have the necessary paremeters of the switch like the damping coefficient, spring constant, mass etc required for the simulation. But it being a mechanical type of simulation, a voltage cannot be directly applied to the node of the spring or the mass, so to say.
There is a particular transducer in the fluidics library in saber, "transcaptran" (this transducer seems the closest to what I think I can use) that I'm not able to use in my schematic. The netlist is fine but when I simulate the circuit, a message saying " not authorised to use data" shows up.
Anybody have any ideas on how to deal with this model or if there is another way of doing what I'm trying to do, i.e, find the dynamic characteristics of a MEMS switch?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ananth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back