Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Reconfigurable FPGA s - Current technology and trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnrbyrm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to prepare detailed project for my last year in 2 months. And My knowledges about FPGAs and embedded systems are not enough . So, i need some documents to learn the subject. Especially i should underline the new trends and current technologies of FPGAs implemented by using reconfugiration features of them. hopefully, you will help me :)

Are you trying to write a paper on the current state of reconfigurable computing (as in partial reconfiguration) or develop an FPGA design that demonstrates it? Maybe a combination of both?

If your writing a paper you can read about Xilinx's solution in documents on their website.

If your're planning on implementing something I'd suggest you rethink your project topic. There's a reason pretty much only military or researchers use this feature. It's not easy to implement a design with partial reconfiguration.

Regards,
-alan

No, no i just should write 20 pages of researches . So thank you for suggestion. But i examined xilinx website , i coldnt find needed knowledges concerning with my topic. Maybe i should try it again. Do you propose another website for me . So i need to fill 20 pages of A4 :D

Are you trying to write a paper on the current state of reconfigurable computing (as in partial reconfiguration) or develop an FPGA design that demonstrates it? Maybe a combination of both?

If your writing a paper you can read about Xilinx's solution in documents on their website.

If your're planning on implementing something I'd suggest you rethink your project topic. There's a reason pretty much only military or researchers use this feature. It's not easy to implement a design with partial reconfiguration.

Regards,
-alan

Look again it might be hard to find. Try searching for "partial reconfiguration" as they actually support this feature now. They really began supporting this when they obtained PlanAhead as they could lock down the interface routing/placement for the boundary of the reconfigured logic. Prior to that they supported it in the bit file but it was very difficult to lock the interface down without resorting to specific placement and directed routing constraints.

Regards,
-alan

Thank you for your guidance. i will check it out again.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back