Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamic Element Matching for compensating mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

asif.qaiyum

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dynamic element matching

Hi all,

I am a master student in Technical University Munich, and am doing semester project on Temperature sensor in CMOS.

Initially, I designed the front-end Analog block of the sensor with small transistors, then i had issues with mismatch after running Monte-Carlo simulations. Then I made them little bigger for better match, the spread of my output (i.e. temperature) was reduced than before. But it is still quite larger than required.

Then Dynamic Element Matching (DEM) technique have been applied for mismatch compensation but I didn't see the significant improvement. I have applied DEM primarily to current sources. I have also written MATLAB scripts to model the impact of DEM, and i got an improvement by a factor of 2.

Having said that, my questions are:
1. How much is DEM effective or significant technique for compensating mismatch?
2. Would anybody like to share his experience of applying DEM to some circuit?
3. Is there anyother solution?

I am using TSMC 0.18u CMOS technology.

I am eagerly looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Asif

Status
Not open for further replies.