Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dxf from orcad layoutplus 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

havi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to generate a dxf file from orcad layout plus. i now the command export layout to dxf. but the problem is,
suppose a pcb file is completed (i.e routing and copper everything is completed),can i generate dxf file without traces and copper. And is there any chance to generate separate dxf files for cs side and ss side.

why dont u do this in the gerbtool
binu g

in gerbtool also same problem arise, suppose i generate a dxf ( for only assembly drawing, on board it shows only components, ref no's and legend's) from gerbtool, whenever i open the dxf file, it shows all it means traces and copper.

if u want only legend, ref nos with pad. u can delete draw from the gerber. this will delete the traces and copper. if necessary select arc too.

the easy way is the powerpcb u can have any option in ur output.

binu g

If you create a dxf with File->Print/Plot and select the dxf option, Layout creates a dxf file where it plots all the currently visible layers and it uses the same layers structure.

So, when you open the dxf with a CAD you can select every single layer such as you was doing in Layout.

bye wn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back