Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dxdesigner expedition pcb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dxdesigner download

hi all,
I have some questions and a request.
I need to setup a schematic-layout pcb flow on linux using mentor products.
I see that I have two possibilities, board station or dxdesigner-expedition.
Am I wrong?
If I use dxdesigner and expedition do I need to install also SDD? What is the main utility of SDD?
And, in the end that's my request: I realized that there's no library in this product :-(, can someone please send me or share a general library of schematic symbols and layout footprints to start with, or at least some suggestion or link to some libraries that I can use/convert?
I've seen that until wg 2002 mentor shipped a vbcore library, but this release isn't available for download from the mentor site ('cause it's old I think), someone of you can give me this library.
Is there a library in PADS2005 or PADS2004? If the answer is yes can I convert this library to dxdesigner-expedition?
Can I convert a protel library to expedition or to PADS and then expedition? Same question for the orcad/psd libraries?
Thanks, any suggestion or help is really appreciated, I know that I will create many of my components, but I think that I need at least a basic library to start to understand and learn these tools
giovanni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back