Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVD PLAYER DISPLAYS "NO DISK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tendi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What causes this problem? It is becoming common in low income (budget) DVD players in the market. Cleaning the lens does not solve the problem.

Tendi.

tendi said:
What causes this problem? It is becoming common in low income (budget) DVD players in the market. Cleaning the lens does not solve the problem.

There are a few other items to check (in this order):

- power supply ripple, if there is excess ripple on power supply replace the output capacitors on the SMPS (important: replace only with low ESR type!)

- spindle motor worn, even if it still spins there may be too much wow and flutter caused by mechanical wear, therefore change motor

- laser worn, in that case throw away the DVD player, a new laser unit costs more than a whole low budget DVD player (this failure is pretty common among cheap DVD players)

CU

Hi

First of all many bugdet dvd-palyers dont suport all data tip ,for example divx formats.
If u`r sure that the inserted disk is a redeable data format dvd and u still have the no disk display try to clean the prisma between the lens and "laser diode",but this operation is pretty delicat and there are fragile parts so do it carefully,or if u have no experiance maybe you should let someone else .
Another pretty good trick is to remove laser head ansembly and wash it in a solution made from water and dish detergent(liqiud not with particules!!!!!!!! to prevent scretch on lens;) )in the folowwing concentration:
h2o 90-95%
detergent 10-5%
Submurge the ansembly in the "water" move it around a few times then place it in a box to prevent contamination with dust and leave it to dry for approx. 1 day.Then mount the ansembly to place and gooooood luck.
It did work for me.Hope the same 4 u.
Another thing u can try but it is the last resort....is to try to change variable value placed on the ansembly...but very gently and carefully...and only a verry little change of the value....
Hope that i`ve been helpful...
Regards Laci

I THINK "PIT" IS RIGHT, I'VE DONE THIS APPROACH MANY TIMES.

IT WORKS ESPECIALLY TO CHEAP DVD PLAYERS.:D

Thanks Guys! I shall try all your tips.

Tendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back