Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Duty cycle range in DC/DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

batistuta

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all
in dc/dc converter, such as boost, usually have input voltage from 2.7v to 4.2v, and the output is 5v, so the duty cycle can calculate, one is 0.46(2.7v) the other is 0.16(4.2v), does it means this boost can work normal with 0.16<=D<=0.46?
now i have question:
1. which part confirm the duty cycle range? the error opamp output range?
2. now if i have input voltage is 2v, i also want the output voltage is 5v, how to do?

thanks.
batistuta

Re: duty cycle range.??

i think the output is clamp by the divider resistor, so if the system is stable, the output will not change, but i want to know which feature change, when input out of the default range... efficiency ?or..?
thanks

hi can you tell me how you are generating pulse to boost, by pwm ic or any micro,

if it is by any pwm ic the error volatge will compare the refernce, and compensation also plays role..

duty cycle range.??

not use pwm ic, i design it by producing a sawtooth wave and then compare with the output of error opamp and get the pwm signal,

1. i want to know, if input is from 5v to 12v and output is 3v, but if my input is 4v, and i also want to get the output 3v, does just the compensation network play the role??

what did you mean with the usually input value for boost? we can use any value for input if we design it ourself

can you be more specific about the boost converter, for example, what it's name code, specification ? from your question i guess that the boost have feedback control so it can run normally in the range 0.16 - 0.46 of duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back