Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dump file format of cadence ncsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

raki08

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ncsim dump file format

Hi frenz,

I need to know the dump file format of cadence ncsim ..as i have to use the results to tabulate and check the conditions of i/o..can any one help me out with this..

thanx,
raki

Cadence, like other vendor, has their own proprietary format, so you won't be able to use any other tool (e.g. text editor) to view their file (it's in a binary form by the way). However, Cadence, like other vendors, also support the open format VCD, which is in a text file.

For your purpose, it's probabl alot simpler to just capture the info in your Verilog file and output the data of every cycle to a text file yourself. This way you know exactly the format.

For example:

module A (
input
input abc;
ouptut xyz;

always @(posedge clk) begin
// output abc, XYZ to text file, along with time (see Verilog manual for I/O command

raki08

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back