Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dummy load or Antenna (Anritsu-SiteMaster)!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web Engineer

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What's the difference between the DTF measurement with dummy load and with antenna? Or in other way: why I need to perform the DTF measurement with dummy load?
What is the other information I will get from the DTF measurement with dummy load and can not get it from DTF measurement with antenna? Please reply me ASAP.

Best regards

Hi

When you connect the dummy load all the energy absorb in the load. So if there is a fault you can see the reflected signal from it. But if you measure it with antenna connected, some energy reflected, and interfere with the reflected signal from the fault so if it's a weak signal you will not be able to see it. Using load in a sort of way increase the dynamic range of the fault.

pl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back