Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual voltage power supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dual voltage 7812 7912

HERE's a schema for a +/- 12 volt power supply. What I don't unserstand is the input voltage to the regulators.
Does the input voltage to the regulators become 9 or 18 volt, and why?
To me it seems that the voltage will become 9. But then the regulator would not work...

dual voltage power supply 7912

There are different ways of marking a transformor. As faar as practical issues are concerned, each winding of the transformor should supply Minimum 15 VAC so as to get 7812 and 7912 working and to get 12 volt in dual track.

pranam77 said:
There are different ways of marking a transformor. As faar as practical issues are concerned, each winding of the transformor should supply Minimum 15 VAC so as to get 7812 and 7912 working and to get 12 volt in dual track.

It does seem to be a 18V transformator used. If you look in the picture the secondary winding is marked 9 - 0 - 9. I would read that as a 18V output with a center wire, wouldent you?
I know a 7812 or 7912 alone would need minimum 15 volt too operate as they should.
When the bridge rectifier is wired to both ends of the secondary coil this would create ~18V DC, but when the center wire is used as ground to the regulators they will get 9V in?
Or do they get all 18V because of how it is wired?

As per the given schematic, as the center wire is used as ground to the regulators they will get 9V in. Good luck

Re: dual voltage 7812 7912

hi.. can anybody provide me the schematics, connecting 7812 & 7912, for dual tracking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back