Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual tracking powersupply interface with pic & display in LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitheshj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i want to make a variable regulated power supply. i need a circuit for variable dual tracking power supply using pic microcontroller, and display the voltage in LCD display. i used LM317&337, kindly explain me with ckt, how to interface the -ve voltage (ie o/p from LM337) part to the microcontroller. potentiometer on LM317 is connected to the +ve part.

Do you want the micro to only display the output voltages ?
Exactly how do you want to control the output voltages ? ( by pot or by micro and how?)

yes.. i want to read the output as +12v & -12V in the lcd display. the output is made by adjusting the pot. micro is used only to display thru lcd..(I cant send u the schematic.. i ll try to do). i used LM317 for +ve voltage, it is controlled by pot to vary to +12V. and the connectd to micri... then i used LM337 for -ve voltage. i want to connect this output to the microcontroller to read -12v.

can anybody provide me a sample mc coding for this project.
the voltage and the current tat i give as input thru the pot and the output regulated, should b displayed in the lcd. i use 20x4 hd44780 and pic16f767 mc.

J1 is the transformer to get the o/p of 24V thru LM7824,
J2 to get the o/p of +5v to the mc using lm7805,
J3- to get variable 1.5-5V thru lm317,
J4- to get + & -12V thru lm317 & lm337 resp.,
J5- to get + & - 15V for the voltage of lm358.
lm358 is used as inv. opamp, tat helps the mc to read and display -ve voltage (-12V).
The mc is connected to LCD to display the o/p.
pls provide a sample code...

Attachments

• jith.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.