Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual Band Microstrip Patch Antenna HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

belbimas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everyone, ,I am a ms student and new at forums. I have designed dual band(2.4 ghz and 5.8 ghz) wifi antenna and simulated it using HFSS. I have attached the project file and would be happy if anyone checked it whether everything is ok or not. Specially, i am worry about gain issue. Thanx alot

Attachments

• dualBand.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 325

Hi.
I checked your design.
at first this warning appears:
[warning] Warning - Boundary 'Rad1' and Boundary 'PerfE1' overlap.
but no problem,with modify dimensions of air box this warning will be removed.
you have 2 resonant freq with acceptable shift and you should know that FR4 can not give high gain because it is a lossy material.
Good Luck

Thank you fereshteh, yes there is a warning about radiation boundary but i dont care that much.

dear belbimas,
i am also working on dual band patch antennas for wifi and wlan aplications.. i am interested and want to study your designed antenna. can you please share the technical details/report of this antenna? i shall be very thankful to you..

Reactions: metrika

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

metrika

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back