Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual band Antenna for mobile handest with small size

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORDALEX

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello and happy new year to all,
i am working on dual band antenna and i really did a big effort to found an dual band antenna that can meet specification. Indeed, i am looking for an antenna working on the band 824 to 960 MHz and 1710 to 1990 MHz. The real problem is the size because i am limited to 70mm*58mm. The antenna will be incorporated in a mobile phone and it must be realized on simple PCB. From my research i have found that most dual band antenna are PIFA or monopole. Well, the problem of PIFA antenna is the big ground plane. Breafly, i have found some paper of monopole antenna that present a good size. I have realize these antenna in HFSS but unfortunately i cant found the same the same performances in term of S11. Plz find in attached all HFSS files that i have simulated. I dont know perhaps i make a mistake in the design (espacially in the excitation), plz i need help and hope that you provide me with your valuable feedback.
Is there other antennas that can meet my specification?
All antenna are found in paper :
Design 1 from : "Desing dual band microstrip monopole antenan for 3G mobile handsets" Tran Minh Tuan (fromm IEEE site)
Design 2 from : "planar antennas for wireless communication" kin Lu Wong (page 76) (book)
Design 3 from : "dual meander monopole antenna" kin Lu Wong (fromm IEEE site)

View attachment DualBAndDesigns.rar
in the figure below, the comparison between my responses and the response found in papers. Comparison.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back