Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual Active Bridge: Function Principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leitz83

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am studying the function principle of a dual active bridge (DAB) dc-dc converter. What I don't understand is why the dc component of the inductor current is always zero in steady state (or at least, this is what all the papers I read up to now are showing). In my simulation the dc component of the inductor current is not zero although the steady state is reached.

Looking forward to your answers.

Best Regards, Leitz83

Can you share picture of your schematic/circuit?

Can you share picture of your schematic/circuit?
It's described pretty well in here:
**broken link removed**

There should be zero inductor current at steady state due to the fact that the volt-time product applied to both the primary and secondary should always average to zero. This condition will prevent DC current from appearing. However it will not always cause existing DC current to converge back to zero. That would have to be enforced by the control circuit, or by adding some DC resistance to the primary/secondary paths.

Are you doing transient simulations? If so it may be just an initial condition thing.

Thanks for your answers!

I have already speculated, that the dc component has to be forced to zero somehow. So this has to be accomplished by the control circuit.

Yes, I am doing transient simulations with SimPowerSystems but I cannnot set the inductor current to an initial value, because SPS prevents this.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Leitz83

Status
Not open for further replies.