Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodegreec

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Resources on how to replicate a small 4 digit display to a Large digit display. Problem I foresee is that the small display and large display will use different voltages, and the existing chip wont handle the load. Do I build an array of transistors to switch each segment of the large display?

I would like a gentle nudge in the right direction. I am building a Radar speed display for my street. I have a radar gun that fits the bill, but would like to extend its readout to a nice big display so drivers can slow the hell down.

hot_wheels_radar_gun.jpg

Use a display with this 6.5" display

Last edited:

the best thing is transistor switching,but if your chip is having issues with that too then simply use optocouplers it will isolate the chip with the power circuit. but handle the optocoupler with care coz it gets burnt quickly at any high current :)

I suspect that your plan will back-fire.

Kids will come from miles around to try and set new speed records.

Might be worth checking with your local police that this really is a good idea.

Speed display signs near me only show speeds below the legal limit for this reason. Speeds over the limit only show a sad face.

The devices seem to be mostly ignored anyway.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back