Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dsPIC33EP512MU814 float issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am printing a float value constantly ( 32.23) in lcd during that time if i give external interrupt signal constantly one time my controller restarts. Kindly tel me the reason
compiler ccs

regards
kalyan

Time to learn a bit of real programming.

dsPIC has flags in RCON register that can tell you about reset reason. Most likely you'll see a TRAPR (trap conflict reset), informing you that an unhandled trap was triggered before.

To see which trap it was (Stack Error Trap would be my first guess), you can implement trap interrupt handlers.

If this is all too much, consider a stack overflow as most likely reason. CCS PCD default stack settings have been too low for many years, particularly with float math. Increase the stack size.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll find a lot of similar reports at CCS forum, e.g. https://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54023

THANK YOU PROBLEM SOLVED IF I USE //#build (stack=256)
GREAT HELP. CAN YOU TEL ME WHAT IS THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS IF I INCREASE THE STACK SIZE

REGARDS
KALYAN

There's no negative effect, except for consuming some RAM. Shouldn't be a problem with most PIC24/dsPIC applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.