Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP programing by Verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrtich.nazaryan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP programming by Verilog?

Hi all,

A few years ago I have worked in one company and programed FPGA by Verilog.
Now I want to start study DPS programing for video and audio signal processing, but I don't know is it possible to do this with Verilog or not. If it possible can somebody suggest me Development Starter Kit for DPS programing. Thanks

Re: DSP programming by Verilog?

Now I want to start study DPS programing for video and audio signal processing, but I don't know is it possible to do this with Verilog or not. If it possible can somebody suggest me Development Starter Kit for DPS programing. Thanks

It's absolutely possible, as a matter of fact, many of the video and audio processing units being designed today are FPGA based with the design code being written in either Verilog or VHDL.

Their a several very good dev boards to develop algorithms in that field:

Digilent sells Xilinx based dev boards:

**broken link removed**

They offer academic discounts, excellent customer support and their products are well documented. Their boards also have the nice feature of PMOD daughter boards:

**broken link removed**

And AVNET is another:

AVNET Development Kits

If you prefer Altera, Terasic is the main manufacture of Altera FPGA based dev boards:

Terasic Development Boards

And KNJN, llc. is another small manufacturer of Altera based boards:

KNJN - FPGA Development Boards

I have purchased FPGA development boards from all four sites, I prefer Digilent the best.

Both Xilinx and Altera development software have the ability to use Matlab to development DSP algorithms and later import them into your final implementation.

Hope the info gets you started in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.