Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP inside FPGA - some advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zape

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP inside FPGA

I need some advises about DSP and FPGA (Xilinx is preferred). I plan to start a DSP design in few months and I am looking for different solutions.

Tools like Xilinx System Generator seems to be fine. Anyone is working with it?
What about Core Fire from Annapolis.

Any advice shall be helpful.

Regards.

Re: DSP inside FPGA

Accelfpga

hxxp://www.accelchip.com

OneOverT

hxxp://www.tyder.com

You can reference the Book"DSP with FPGA".
I think it can help you!

I just start to use sysgen. It's very helpful when you model your system. One beautiful new feature the sysgen 3.1 add in is that it allows you to analyze the data from modelsim graphically.

By integrate the modelsim with simulink, you can verify your FPGA design intuitively.

The one thing I'd like to see is how to go one step beyond the Matlab Simulink (Xilinx System Generator), add control for an ADC and actually do the DSP in hardware. Does anyone even know how to do this?

- Jayson

Someone pass me this site:

http://amisb.com.my

Perhaps you can check it out. It has a development board for implementation level. It links with Simulink (Matlab) and Xilinx System Generator. It's more for implementation level.

Is it true that more and more peole are looking at this area? Implementation of DSP with FPGA?

Has anyone had the chance to make a trade off between Accelchip and Xilinx System Generator? Recently, I have received a quotation for both of them and Accelchip (1 year 1 node locked license) is about 16 times more expensive than Xilinx Sys Gen (which has no limit of licenses as far as I know).
Xilinx is so bad??

You can find the book DSPwithFPGA in the following address:
www.mcu.cz/atm
Userfiles/mhmumh/DSPwithFPGA

DSP inside FPGA

I know some thing,
if you want to implement a good, optimum DSP circuit on a FPGA, you should know both of them very well. I have not used sysGen yet, but I have had some big DSP designs on FPGA, and I'm sure that, Some one with the experience of designing hardware for TI or Analog devices's DSPs , is not equal to a person who does not have such an experience. I mean, if you want to really get succeed you should know, bot of them very well, whatever tool you use for your work.

zape said:
Has anyone had the chance to make a trade off between Accelchip and Xilinx System Generator? Recently, I have received a quotation for both of them and Accelchip (1 year 1 node locked license) is about 16 times more expensive than Xilinx Sys Gen (which has no limit of licenses as far as I know).
Xilinx is so bad??

Hi,
As far as i know, Accelchip supports simulink as well as matlab language but xilinx sysgen supports only simulink. Also sysgen is vender dependent, devices from xilinx only but in accelchip u can choose devices from other venders too 8)
As far as cost is concerned, u know there is an alternative available to sysgen in the form of dsp builder, but Accelchip has no alternative yet :)
innovative ideas deserve money :wink:

thanks
sawaak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back