Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP Books. Proakis vs Mitra

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmos babe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the differences between the two books ? I found Proakis book much easier to understand. But I still find many people who find Mitra DSP Computer-based Approach quite useful.

yeah there is some difference in these two books...
the first on Proakis is a good book for understanding the theory & it explains the algorithm with good mathematical explaination. So its good to get conceptual understanding.
But, Mitra is more on explaining the theory with a matlab example. So people like the books which explain with an exaplme.

My advice is read both. so you get good theory from prakis & good practical from Mitra.

cheers...

cmos babe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i tend to agree with u that proakis is for conceptual understanding of DSP .

But Mitra i think has a good mix of theoretical as well as practical info on dsp
and it is a better balanced book.

i would recommend Mitra anyday

yes u r rit. if u wana to impruv concept rid prokis if u wana simulation than refer mitra

Status
Not open for further replies.