Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] DS2715 based NiMH Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ds2715 problems

Dear Friends,

I have some doubts regarding DS2715 Based NiMH battery charger.

I am planning to design a DS2715 based NiMH battery charger.
I have input voltage of 12VDC±0.2V and I have 7cell(7*1.2V) NiMH battery pack with thermister.

For my application fast charging rate should be less than or equal to 1C, since charging time doesen’t matter for my application and moreover opearting temperature is the main consideration.( It will be operating in desert, there ambient temperature itself will reach maximum of 50deg C)

For my application, can I go for boost converter or I have to go for buck boost converter, since I am using 7cell battery pack,maximum output voltage required for charger is 7*1.75V= 12.25V. (As per maxim recommendation- 1.75V per cell being charged)
Kindly suggest which method I have to follow, either boost converter or buckboost converter?

It will be Much appreciated, If you could provide a good suggession
at the earliest.

For your reference, please find the below circuit - typical Switchmode application circuit for a 3- cell stack given in DS2715 datasheet..In this circuit we can find that, they are using buck converter for charging 3cell and input voltage is 9V DC.

Thanking you,

with regards
Libin V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back